Are you having trouble because your iPhone is not charging? Now, this can be quite a frustrating experience. Moreover, it can be difficult at times to find the answer to why my iPhone won’t charge? There can be so many different reasons. Sometimes a faulty wall outlet can be contributing to the problem. There are times when your device gets in touch with water and this is why the iPhone won’t charge. There are times when your Smartphone fails to charge after an iOS update but this only happens if there is an interruption during the update or any file is corrupt. Now we will explore several different ways to fix an iPhone that fails to charge.
Fixing your iPhone
• Force the restart process: Now, if there was a software crash sometime back so there are chances that your iPhone will not charge in the situation. For fixing this problem what you can do is go for a forced restart. You need to press the sleep/wake and home button at the same time. Simply, release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Now, you can try recharging your Smartphone again.
• Change the method of charging: Sometimes just changing your charging method also helps. If you were using a wall adapter to charge your iPhone, then you can think on the lines of opting for another option. You can try plugging the cable into the USB port of your computer.
• Clean your charging port: If you have been using your Smartphone for a long time, then there are chances that the charging port might become dirty. You will have to clean it in this situation. When you have to clean the charging port try using a needle or toothpick to clean the charging port.
• Power off your iPhone: The simplest solution is that you can power off your iPhone and then you should connect it to a source of energy. What you need to do is start pressing and holding the sleep/wake button. The power off slide will appear on the screen. Next, you have to drag the slider to shut off your smartphone.
• Replace the USB cable: There are times when your Smartphone will not charge because the USB cable is damaged. You should also have a good look at the cable and if it looks damaged, then you should replace it right away and try charging your phone with another cable.
• Update iOS: If your iPhone is not charging, then this could happen because of bugs and viruses as well. The best solution in this situation is to update the iOS on the iPhone.
All the mentioned fixes can help to answer the question why won’t my iPhone charge. However, it is also important that you should have some technical knowledge regarding the device when you are managing the fix. If you feel that you lack the insight, then the best approach will be to hire professional help in this regard. This way you can avoid damaging your phone.